Terms & Contract Limits
This contract’s standard warranty is a non-transferable limited lifetime warranty for the original Buyer. Upon request of Buyer, Seller shall assign all transferable warranties of the merchandise to Buyer. Seller warrants that the merchandise will conform to the description contained in the contract. The merchandise will be fit for the ordinary purposes for which the merchandise is used, the merchandise is first quality material, the installation, if performed by Seller, will be done in a workmanlike manner according to industry standards and the merchandise and installation will be free from defects. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THE FOLLOWING ARE SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS CONTRACT AND WARRANTY:
- Grout joint cracking or flaking and/or caulking cracks as these are not defects in the merchandise or installation. Regular maintenance during the first year while the home is settling is a requirement of the homeowner,
- Grout color shading or color inconsistency is normal and not a defect in the merchandise or the installation;
- Job site conditions, such as lighting, surrounding paint colors., which alter the appearance of Sellers products are not a defect in the merchandise or the installation;
- Visible seams, seam locations, carpet pile crushing, shading, matting, yarn pulls, or soiling of these are not defects in the merchandise or the installation;
- Commercially acceptable dye lot and color variations among samples and production runs as defined by industry standards; Showroom sample colors may vary from production runs of products installed; Seller is not responsible for padding color or manufacturer brand, Seller will furnish a padding which meets the type and density only;
- Merchandise shortages or overruns when either the quantity sold is based on measurements, plans or estimates submitted by Buyer or Buyer is installing the merchandise.
- CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES FOR ANY REASON WITHIN OR BEYOND THE SELLERS CONTROL
- Expansion and contraction of hardwood floors is normal and is not considered a defect. Airborne particles, which come in contact with the floor finish prior to proper drying is not a defect and should be expected.
- Discoloration of installed products, which is the result of the exposure to sunlight, is not covered under warranty.
Buyer’s exclusive remedy for breach of the above warranty pertaining to the merchandise shall be the repair or replacement of any defective merchandise, at Seller’s expense, provided, however, that Buyer shall not be entitled to such remedy unless Seller receives written notice of such defect within one year of the date of delivery of installation, and Buyer allows Seller to inspect and correct alleged defect.
Low Price Guarantee: Competitor’s closeout, special order, financing offers, installation specials, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, damaged items, sales tax, rebate, free offers, typographical errors and online purchases are excluded from this offer. On percent-off sales, Great Western Flooring will match the competitor’s final sales total. Great Western Flooring will only accept one written price estimate per competitor. Offer valid to owners of residences only. This offer applies for GWF installed floors up to 30 days after installation by a Great Western Flooring authorized independent contractor.
Competitive price comparisons must be dated within 30 calendar days prior to the date customer signs a purchase order with Great Western Flooring and MUST include the product price plus all applicable warranties and any service charges when calculating the competitor’s total price. Low price guarantee limited to reasonable quantities for homeowner and one-house order quantities for cash and carry contractors. Great Western Flooring reserves the right to reject any price match that cannot be verified by proof acceptable at Great Western Flooring’s sole discretion. Current in-store price, if lower, overrides Great Western Flooring’s advertised price. Price guarantee honored at all Great Western Flooring retail locations. Labor charges for product installation are excluded from our price guarantee offer in our stores. Visit one of our three Chicago area design centers for complete details.
Lifetime Installation Warranty: “Life of the Floor” is defined by lifespan of the homeowner’s occupancy and/or the life expectancy of the floor based on the manufacturer’s expected life of the product in collaboration with their warranties, which ever comes first.
This Lifetime Limited Installation Warranty is valid only for original owner-occupied residential installations performed by Great Western Flooring authorized independent contractors and will be invalid if the flooring condition is due to lack of or improper maintenance, cleaning, abuse, excessive moisture or temperature variations, home settling or excessive movement due to expansion and contraction, vandalism, alteration or normal wear and tear.
Please note that in most installations, seams are necessary. Our installers are trained to minimize seams; however, seams are inevitable and may be visible. This is normal and should be expected, and is not covered by this Limited Installation Warranty. Tile and stone must be installed with Durock, SuperFlex mortar, XT grout to qualify for a lifetime installation warranty. It is the responsibility of the buyer to retain replacement materials in the instance that additional material is needed for replacement purposes. If replacement material is not available (i.e. material is discontinued or unavailable) at time of repair, GWF will find a close, but not guaranteed to be exact, substitute.
No Worries Replacement Warranty: This offer is only valid for one-time use and does not include the replacement of cushion, underlayment, shipping, removal, haul away, finishes or reinstallation and other labor charges. This is a replacement warranty and does not apply to matters covered by other warranties. Replacements include materials only. No replacements will be made with respect to carpet that has been glued down, surfaces subject to abuse, vandalism, alteration or damage cause by smoke, fire, wind, lightning or any other casualty even. This warranty applies only to the original owner-occupied/purchaser of a Great Western Flooring surface that has been professionally installed by any Great Western Flooring authorized independent contractor. *Note some manufacturer’s customer satisfaction warranties differ. Please discuss details with a Great Western Flooring Design Consultant on your particular surface.