Wood plastic composite flooring (WPC) is a type of vinyl flooring that offers several benefits to consumers with enhanced durability including water and stain resistance. In addition to reliable, high-performance, wood plastic composite also offers aesthetically beautiful flooring with the realistic look of real wood or tiles. WPC is manufactured with a wood and plastic composite backing rather than the solid PVC backing.
It’s a luxury vinyl flooring option that is becoming extremely popular for many reasons, offering several benefits to consumers.
What Is Wood Plastic Composite Flooring?
Wood plastic composite flooring, or WPC flooring, is manufactured with four layers which include:
- Backing cork underlayment – the backbone of your luxury vinyl plank
- WPC Core – consists of the waterproof core that will not ripple swell or peel when exposed to liquid
- Printed vinyl layer – the beautiful powder layer providing a realistic likeness to natural materials in wood or stone
- Wear layer – the bodyguard of your vinyl plank, the wear layer protects your floor from scratches and dents. The thickness of the wear layer can be just as important as the thickness of the plank
With a printed vinyl layer in a stone or wood finish, it can be hard to tell the difference between wood plastic composite flooring and real stone or wood. You can provide a classy and elegant look of the real thing with a less costly version that is easier to maintain.
What Are the Main Benefits of Wood Plastic Composite Flooring?
WPC flooring provides many benefits to consumers which is why it is becoming so popular. The most important advantages provided of wood plastic composite flooring include:
- Completely waterproof – 100% waterproof is a huge benefit to consumers, opening the door for a number of applications including kitchens and bathrooms or basements they may be exposed to moisture.
- Realistic look of real stone or wood – vinyl flooring today can mimic natural materials with very convincing likeness of the real thing, offering extreme versatility with either stone or wood looks and variations of shades and colors.
- WPC flooring is more comfortable than real stone or wood – standing on a hardwood or real stone tile floor is not comfortable for very long on your feet or joints. WPC flooring offers the same beauty with a more resilient floor providing additional comfort.
- Requires very low maintenance – normal cleaning with a damp mop or vacuuming is all you need to do to keep your WPC floor looking clean and new.
- Less expensive than the real thing – WPC flooring provides many benefits at a lower expense.
For more information on the many benefits of wood plastic composite flooring, contact Great Western Flooring Company to learn more about the benefits and options of this versatile flooring product.
Great Western Flooring Company has decades of experience pleasing customers in and around the Chicagoland area. Stop in one of our conveniently located design centers to speak with a knowledgeable flooring design specialist to learn more about the many options with carpet, tile, and wood plastic composite flooring.