WPC stands for wood plastic composite, which is a type of vinyl flooring product that can mimic real wood or stone like other vinyl floors although WPC provides additional benefits. One of the most valuable benefits realized with WPC floors is that it is 100% waterproof. Unlike other composite material and engineered floor products, wood plastic composite flooring will not warp or swell when exposed to water.
The water and stain resistance with WPC flooring is a property that makes this product desirable in many locations such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms or basements. There is no limit to where this versatile and beautiful flooring product can be installed to enhance virtually any decor. With the realistic look of real tile or wood, some people can’t even tell the difference.
WPC flooring is becoming more and more popular as people realize the many benefits which include:
- Water and stain resistance
- Aesthetically beautiful in any environment
- Convincingly mimicking real wood or stone
- More resilient and comfortable than standing on hardwood or hard tile
- More durable than real wood or tile
- Less costly
WPC is a luxurious vinyl flooring option that provides resilient, long-lasting beauty and durability while improving the value of your home.
How Is WPC Flooring Different Than Other Vinyl Floors?
While all vinyl flooring options today offer revolutionary style when compared to vinyl flooring options available even a decade ago, WPC flooring is different in that it is 100% waterproof holding up in environments exposed to moisture. WPC floor products are made with four layers, and include the following:
- Attached cork underlayment – absorbs imperfections in the subfloor, naturally resists mold and mildew while providing added insulation
- WPC core structure – this is the waterproof core structure that will not contract or expand when exposed to moisture
- Luxury vinyl top layer – this layer provides the beautiful design available in endless choices of texture, color and shade mimicking real stone or would
- Wear layer – this top layer protects against wear and tear with a protective, and stain resistant outer layer rated for commercial use
Great Western flooring has more than three decades of experience pleasing customers in and around the Chicagoland area, with three conveniently located design centers we are always available to answer your questions and help with your next home improvement project. We have experience installing all types of floors, including various styles and textures of carpet, tile, and resilient vinyl flooring options.
Vinyl flooring is available in a variety of styles and options, all with valuable characteristics to provide just what you’re looking for. If you need something to stand up to moisture with waterproof characteristics, WPC delivers just what you’re looking for.
Contact Great Western Flooring today to speak with a knowledgeable design specialist and for more information on the many options available and benefits of WPC flooring.