Choosing the right carpet to cover your entire room is a big decision when considering wall to wall carpet. You want to find the perfect color and the right texture to provide the level of plushness and protection that you desire. You also want to make a smart investment as new carpeting is one of the easiest ways to improve your home’s value and comfort.
To find the best carpet for your wall to wall carpet installation, you’ll want to think about the following considerations.
- Purpose of the room – What is the purpose of the room you are considering for wall to wall carpet? Is it a formal dining room that will not experience much activity or a busy living room where children and pets will be lounging and playing on the floor? Speak with your carpet and flooring specialist about the purpose of your room to help you choose the right carpet to stand up to the level of activity.
- Foot traffic – You’ll want to think about the level of foot traffic in the room to determine the density and durability of wall to wall carpet that will last.
- Sunlight exposure – Determine the level of sunlight that your carpeting will be exposed to as direct sunlight can fade carpets without UV protection. Sunlight can also significantly alter the color of certain materials which may appear brighter with different hues in direct sunlight than artificial room lighting. You won’t want to choose a dark color in a room that receives little to no sunlight.
- Color – The level of sunlight plays a role in the color you choose as well as the purpose of the room. In a room that may be exposed to children, pets and stains you may want to avoid white or light colors. Neutral colors are typically a safe bet and a good choice if considering reselling your home in the near future as neutral blends easily with almost any style of furnishings.
- Pets – If you have pets be sure to talk with your carpet specialist about the carpeting with protection against pet stains. Carpeting with high quality stain guard can surprisingly repel even the toughest of stains including stains from pet messes and spills.
- Texture – a textured carpet such as a cut and loop style provides a pattern that hides dirt more easily than other styles such as a flatter type of Berber carpeting.
- Maintenance – make sure you know the best way to maintain your wall to wall carpet of choice before you buy it. You’ll want to know how often you should vacuum and deep clean and the best way to spot remove stains and spills.
Speak with your carpeting, tile and flooring experts, Great Western Flooring for more tips to consider for wall to wall carpet installations. We offer quality carpet from the leading names in carpet manufacturers and help you choose the best carpet for your room. Our flooring specialists are experienced in all types of carpet, features and benefits and how to select the best carpet for your room and your budget.
Great Western Flooring offers complimentary design consultations from experienced flooring and tile design experts. We have over 35 years of experience pleasing customers in and around Chicago with quality products and professional installation. Contact us to learn more about our wide selection of quality flooring products and for more points to consider for your wall to wall carpet installation.